Women agency and Child rights


  
Abstract

  The Eleventh Plan adopted a gender lens to initiate a process of systemic improvement in the lives of women and children. But the Mid-Term Appraisal shows that while certain sectors have shown remarkable improvement, others are lagging behind. Since only 35.84 per cent of the Eleventh Plan outlay has been allocated for the first three years of the Plan period, efforts must be made to realize the full outlay of the Eleventh Plan by allocating the remaining 64.16 per cent during the next two years. Schemes for single and internally displaced women, domestic workers, minority women, to name a few, have not found a voice in the first half of the Eleventh Plan. Efforts must now focus on ensuring that the resources are rigorously used towards implementing recent schemes and preparations are made for new ones to fill the gaps

Source
=HYPERLINK("http://planningcommission.nic.in/plans/mta/11th_mta/chapterwise/chap11_women.pdf","http://planningcommission.nic.in/plans/mta/11th_mta/chapterwise/chap11_women.pdf")
Author

Planning Commission of India

Country

INDIA

Contact Details

admin@khubmarriage18.org

Year Of Publication

2012